Meadow Feeds - Engineering Stores Controller - #305451
Astral Operations Ltd
Meadow Feeds is More than Just Feed!
We have been supplying safe, high-quality feed to southern African livestock producers for the past 80 years, using our unrivalled experience and expertise in this field to earn the trust of generations of farmers who bring wholesome meat, milk, and eggs to your table. We also supply a full range of technical services to our customers, including advice on nutrition, feeding programmes, animal husbandry, and production techniques.
Our commitment to optimal animal nutrition has made us the largest feed company in Africa and the leading supplier of innovative, high-performance feed solutions.
A vacancy currently exists for an Engineering Stores Controller
Responsibilities would include:
- Handle accurate, timeous receiving and issuing of store items, services and rotational repairs
- Manage receipting of documentation and correct binning of received items
- Process dispatches on the mobile computer with Panatracker for GP.
- Carry out frequent stock counts
- Identify opportunities for improvements to bin locations, stock holding and labelling
- Resolve queries timeously
- Monitor suppliers’ performance, delivery, quality, timeousness
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for stock items
- Perform duties as requested by Supervisor
- General Housekeeping
- Adherence to health and safety rules at all times
- Commitment and compliance to the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 22000, HACCP, 20 Keys, AFMA code of conduct, and any other company management systems.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 with mathematics
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Stores management certificate will be an advantage
- Computer literate with working experience of MS Excel
- Previous experience with an ERP inventory management system
- Quality driven
- Meticulous, responsible and diligent person
- Ability to progress in a multi-skilled environment and a willingness to learn
- Converse fluently in either Afrikaans or English with good communication skills
- Personal and professional integrity
- Energetic self-starter and team player
- Valid code 8 driver’s license
Closing date: 16 February 2024
Please note if you have not been contacted by 29/02/2024, your application was unsuccessful.
We offer a competitive total cost to company salary package