Principal Security Specialist - #305458
Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Blue Security Principal Specialist to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cybersecurity, particularly focusing on defensive strategies and techniques to protect organizational assets from cyber threats. As a Security Principal Specialist, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining robust security measures to safeguard our systems, networks, and data against malicious activities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive cybersecurity strategies and policies aimed at defending against cyber threats, focusing on blue team methodologies.
- Conduct regular security assessments and penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses in systems, networks, and applications.
- Design and deploy advanced defensive security solutions such as intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
- Lead incident response efforts, including investigation, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery from security incidents and breaches.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security requirements are integrated into the development lifecycle of new systems and applications.
- Provide expertise and guidance to junior security analysts and engineers, assisting in skill development and knowledge transfer.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and technologies, and continuously evaluate and recommend enhancements to security controls and processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert on cybersecurity matters, providing insights and recommendations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with external partners, vendors, and industry peers to exchange information and best practices in cybersecurity.
- Proven experience working in cybersecurity roles with a focus on defensive strategies and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices, particularly in the areas of network security, endpoint security, and incident response.
- Hands-on experience with security tools and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex security incidents and develop effective response strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience leading and mentoring junior security professionals.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning and professional development in the field of cybersecurity.