Professional Nurse - #305485
The Aurum Institute
The Quality Nurses is responsible for providing on-site and hands on gaps analysis, QI coaching to TB focal staff and facility staff, in depth analysis of TB Indicators as well as assist in the co-ordination and management of all QI Projects within a District. They will have a dual function in providing direct service delivery within the TB program at hospital level to update data recording systems and linkage to care activities as specified by Quality Improvement Advisor and Program Manager for project.
Technical Work Responsibilities
- Liaise with Internal and External Customers/Stakeholders
- Coordination and management of all QI Projects within a District
- QI Site visit scheduling, coordination, and oversight
- Generate innovative QI ideas for Mentors and Facilities
- Collecting DHIS Data at a Sub-district level
- QI record keeping
- Ensure the management of TB patients efficiently according to DoH guidelines.
- Improve quality standards for recording, reporting of TB data in the hospital.
- Ensure patients who are diagnosed with TB in the hospital are registered.
- Coordinate the down referral of patients diagnosed in the hospital and follow up to confirm that they reached the clinic and close contacts are traced.
- Human capital management through supervision and monitor capturing of TB data in the information system by the data capturer.
- Validate and strengthen collated TB data in the TB identification register for the hospital for reporting.
- Coordinate TB activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with hospital management.
- Compile quarterly reports for SR program manager and district TB/HAST Manager
- Coordinate the Finding cases Actively, separating safely and treating effectively (FAST) strategy and QI activities in the hospital.
- Work closely with information officers in the hospital.
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and Infection prevention and control activities
- Promote the provision of treatment for latent TB infection (LTBI) in eligible patients.
- Map their feeder clinics and create and maintain a data base.
- Participate in district quarterly TB and data review meetings.
- Provide and Coordinate TB specific training through coaching and mentoring based on the need.
- Registered with SANC Diploma in Nursing or bachelor’s degree (B. Cur).
- Qualification in TB and/or HIV management
- Relevant Quality Improvement certificate course
- Qualification in Community health nursing or Primary Health Care will be an advantage.
- At least one years’ experience in improvement methodology or process engineering, LEAN or Six Sigma
- At least three years’ experience working with TB/HIV program within public health care sector.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse
- Experience on working on TB data systems used in public health care sector eg., TIER.net, EDR.web
- SA Citizen or valid work permit to work in South Africa
- Sound knowledge on TB/HIV data tools and systems
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office packages
- Valid driver’s license
- Own car
- Minimal/Moderate/Excessive overnight travel (up to 30%) by land or air if required
- Willing to work overtime
Skills and competencies
- Innovative thinking, initiative, and leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
These appointments are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance, reference checking and competency assessment. We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce. Preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Aurum welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
Closing Date: 14 February 2024