Technology Control Specialist - #305510
De Beers Group of Companies
-We’re re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives. That includes the lives of everyone who works for Anglo American. We strive to be a great company where employees are happy, inspired to do their best work. A place where every colleague can grow, develop and realise their potential. To live up to our Always with Purpose employee value proposition, we’re putting the development and growth of colleagues first by ensuring everyone at Anglo American has the career experience they deserve.
- -Contribute towards establishing an Integrate Expertise Center (IEC) for Process Control supporting Plant Asset Information Management Systems, and EC&I Systems.
- Contribute towards the vision and strategy for a Group-wide Plant Asset Information Management Systems, and EC&I System approach.
- Advise on the selection and use of specialist Plant Asset Information. Management systems, and EC&I System technology (Advanced Mine Technical/ Control Systems) for site the commissioning and use thereof.
- Utilise specialist vendor systems knowledge and manage vendor teams to effectively deliver on projects.
- Increase “the value in use” of Plant Asset Information Management Systems, and EC&I Systems technologies by replicating best practise across the Group, supported from the IEC.
- Develop the skills base of site PLM and EC&I teams in the effective use of systems technologies, supported from the IEC.
- Integrate the Plant Asset Information Management Systems, and EC&I Systems framework with the Anglo Operating Model on site level.
- Advise on the identification of systems driven business opportunities at site level.
- Develop and implement effective training programs.
- Implement effective IEC support models to ensure the sustainability of the PLM and EC&I systems.
- Evaluate / test new system features on a simulation environment.
- Capture and manage best practice approach in systems and documentation.
- Visibly demonstrate SHE values and principles.
- -An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
- Desirable: A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
- Track record of leading translating ideas into practical initiatives to be implemented and a demonstration of successful execution and delivery of Asset Information Management System.
- Knowledge of Plant Asset Information management, EC&I and ARC application as well as machine guidance, Data Analytics and sensor application.
- Implement the most effective solutions to drive efficiencies.
- Solve technical and operational issues in cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
- Devise solutions to optimise productivity and quality targets by utilising technical expertise and cooperating with multi-disciplinary teams to highlight and address areas of improvement.
- Implement set project activities within a specific project or operation. Proactively escalate risks and propose mitigating actions.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of change concepts. Coach and support managers to initiate, implement and drive change across a discipline/business unit. Act as a change agent and champion – developing tools and methodologies as well as initiating and leading change.
- Apply best practice and expertise when designing and shaping solutions consistent with the strategic context of the business area.
-Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
Advert closing date: 23 February 2024