FPA Specialist - #305514
POSITION SNAPSHOTJobReq ID: 50350 Type of work: Hybrid Type of contract: Open-ended/permanent Full/Part Time: Full time Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by "Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play.
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
You can learn more about our Group at https://bridgestone-emia.com/
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
The role is to support the FP&A Manager in consolidation of the BSAF business by ensuring that key business issues are reconciled, recommendations are proposed and the Management Information (MI) is prepared in order to support effective insight and conversations for the monthly business review. This role is expected to have a clear grasp of current business performance and leverage opportunities to improve business performance through delivery of the agreed strategy. This role will report to the Planning, Forecasting and Reporting Manager.
- Analyze data and forecasts, reports, and recommendations so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making decisions.
- Analyze resources optimization and profitability. Including long-term aspects of the organization’s financial policy.
- Support FP&A Manager with business analysis across the 3 divisions Wholesale, Retail & Otraco.
- Examine and evaluate the cost-efficiency of each department of the company, in light of what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes.
- Support functional leaders in managing yearly allocated spend by providing monthly expense reports and flagging
- Work with individual divisions to prepare budgets, forecasts and consolidate them monthly and yearly for overall corporate budget
- Submission of budgets and forecasts in SAC system
- Support in preparation of internal reports for executive leadership in supporting their decision-making.
- Create, update and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations.
- Compare historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and suggest improvements going forward.
- Support in delivering the digitalization objective for FP&A.
- Ad-hoc requests for senior leadership
Knowledge and Experience:
- Financial accounting GAAP and relevant technical accounting knowledge and ability to apply to the situations
- Experience of working with relevant financial systems such as SAP, GL Wands, Power BI
- Experience of working within the Manufacturing, Sales and Retail Industry
- Experience in analysis and forecasting
- Advanced Microsoft office experience i.e: powerpoint, excel, Skills and abilities:
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to manipulate large volume of data and experience of carrying out detailed analysis of data, especially during the year end to provide the results that is easily understood to external auditors and senior management
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload, including co-ordinating with others and ensuring that statutory and other deadlines are met.
- To work as part of a team and independently to deliver a common goal or objective
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and make decisions on the best course of action
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Self starter/ Initiative/creativity/innovation
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency in relationship building, networking, persuasion and influential skills
- Good technical, business and global acumen
- Excellent verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bcom: Accounting, Finance
- Big 4 audit articles (beneficial)
- Large Corporate/commercial accounting experience.
- Extensive reporting and analysis background
All applications will be reviewed. Our Recruitment team will contact the suitable applicants for the next step of the recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMEA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.