Installations Quality Assurer - #305548
Tracker South Africa
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Contract type: Full time
Listing reference: track_001180 Listing status: Online Apply by: 16 February 2024
Position summaryIndustry: IT & Internet Job category: Quality Assurance Location: Durban Contract: Permanent EE position: Yes
IntroductionTracker requires the Services of a Quality Assurer: Installations in the Technical Department based in Durban Office. This department is responsible for effecting installations of sophisticated electronic equipment into vehicles. This position requires the candidate to ensure that all installations are conducted according to Tracker quality standards and provide excellent customer service to all our stakeholders. Please note that EE candidates will be given first preference
- Perform regular and planned assessment in your area of responsibility
- Identifying shortfalls and providing solutions
- interacting with technicians and having technical discussions
- Perform regular and planned assessments of fitment centre in your area
- Mentoring and educating technicians
- Ensure compliancy with regards to installations and OEM bulletin
- Ensuring compliancy in customer service ethics
- Ensuring bulletins are circulated to Technicians and FC
- Maintain strong Quality standards
- Ensure compliancy with regards to reporting to admin and Management
- Liaise between multiple departments
- Motivate techs to perform quality installations
- Provide reports and feedback
- Implement and evaluate quality procedures
- Evaluate and improve technical procedures
- Attending to Technical SR’s that are quality related and give feedback to the technicians and the managers.
- Maintain Trackers recommended recovery rate in your area of responsibility through the installation quality process
- Perform test requests
- Attending to PIC’s
- Attending to battery drainage complaints
- Assisting with project installations
- Assisting with afterhours standby
- Liaise with clients to solve technical issues and deliver service excellence
- Ensure compliancy with regards to reporting to Management
- Assisting with technical queries
- Matric with a National Technical Certificate in Automotive Electronics/Motor Mechanic.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an auto electrician or motor mechanic with one year being in a Supervisory role.
- Valid driver’s license.
- The candidate must possess good communication and administrative skills.
- Computer literacy will be advantageous (MS Office)
- Possess good fault-finding skills and techniques.
- Possess the necessary skills to deliver service excellence.
- Be prepared to travel.