Development Manager (Khula):SanlamConnect: Gauteng South: Johannesburg Re-run - #305675
What will you do?
This role is responsible for the direct coaching, vesting, developing, supervising and performance managing of a portfolio of newly appointed financial advisers for the first 24 months (the vesting and development period) of their employ, ensuring they are retained, competent and productive as quickly as possible.
What will make you successful in this role?
Supervision and management of financial advisers during the first 24 months of employment encompassing the following outputs:
- Activity, productivity and performance management of newly appointed advisers
- Upskilling newly appointed advisers on products, technical knowledge, systems, processes, compliance, legislation etc.
- Focused Coaching and Vesting to ensure that the FA undergoes all the necessary steps, processes and requirements to become vested as quickly as possible to full productivity
- Focused Development of FA's in the different market segments i.e. Estate Planning, Investments etc.
- Recruitment of Financial Advisers
- Sourcing and vesting new advisers in Key Accounts
Qualification and Experience
- Wealth Management/ Financial Planning qualification
- FAIS i.e. RE5 and 120 industry credits
- CFP would be an advantage
- Management/Coaching Diploma would be advantageous
- Marketing and Sales experience in the financial services industry
- 3-5 years experience as a Financial Adviser/ Planner in the middle to affluent market segment (proven track record)
- Experience in mentoring/ vesting of advisers
- Previous management role would be advantageous
- COB and CPD points
Knowledge and Skills
- Financial Services Industry and product knowledge (Sanlam and/or competitors)
- Legal technical knowledge (financial advice related and product related)
- Financial/Assurance products (broad and background)
- Management and developmental skills to manage/coach staff
- Relevant regulatory, legislation and compliance knowledge (FAIS accredited)
- Marketing/selling knowledge/skills (including 6 step sales cycle)
- Activity and performance management
- Fit and proper from a FAIS perspective to act as supervisor
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client Focus
- Drives Results
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Business Insight
- Directs Work
- Decision Quality
Turnaround Time The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers The closing date for the applications is 09 June 2023. The recruiter reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement prior to the closing date or to allow further applications to be submitted after the closing date indicated
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.