Cold Store Manager - #305695
Our client is seeking the services of a Cold Store Manager to join their team, based in Queenstown.
Successful candidate will oversee various activities involved in the storage of items in the cold (e.g. fridge or freezer), as well as being responsible for running, directing and monitoring a team of workers and to ensure the efficient running of goods in cold storage and a smooth flow of cold store orders received and dispatched.
- Diploma and/or Degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management advantageous
- Valid Code 08 driver's license + own transport / Code 10 or 14 driver's license advantageous
- Forklift license advantageous
- Minimum 3-5 years managerial experience in a cold storage
- At least 2 years' working experience in the meat or food industry
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Abaserve
Duties to include (amongst others):-
- Day/Night Shifts with up to 25 staff / Loading of 5-10 trucks per shift
- Receive and dispatch orders
- Manage goods received voucher (GRV) stock
- Monitor stock rotation and levels
- Manage and supervise cold store department staff and provide them with relevant training on all aspects of the operation
- Ensure effective communication with suppliers and customers relating to stock
Please email your CV + supporting documentation to [Email Disabled]. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.