Repairs Officer (Supply Chain) - #305703
De Beers Group of Companies
-We’re re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives. That includes the lives of everyone who works for Anglo American. We strive to be a great company where employees are happy, inspired to do their best work. A place where every colleague can grow, develop and realise their potential. To live up to our Always with Purpose employee value proposition, we’re putting the development and growth of colleagues first by ensuring everyone at Anglo American has the career experience they deserve.
Execute purchasing transactions for the off-site or on-site repair of equipment, allowing repairs to be completed in a timely and cost-effective way, meeting agreed technical requirements and service levels.
Safety, Health & Environmen t
- Support specific safety, health & sustainability opportunities and risks and ensure transactional purchasing activities complies with all Safety, Health & Environmental requirements.
- Perform regular risk assessments and raise any risks/issues immediately.
- Comply with relevant policies and standards and particularly the Contractor Performance Management policy & procedures to enable achievement of gold-standard contractor safety performance.
Delivery & Performance
- Adhere to the relevant Supply Chain strategy and ensure that critical tasks, performance targets, plans and budgets are adhered to with due consideration of risk identification.
- Embrace an agile Supply Chain by being adaptive and flexible to accommodate and focus on emerging and changing business priorities.
Supply Chain Strategy, Critical Tasks, Targets
- Issue repair estimate instructions to suppliers.
- Compile necessary documentation to remove item to be repaired from site.
- Evaluate repair estimate and consult with maintenance teams to agree if items should be repaired.
- Convert approved repair estimate to Repair orders in the transactional purchasing system.
- Execute warranty claims with suppliers.
Purchasing Excellence & Automation
- Responsible for expediting and follow up of repair orders with suppliers.
- Drive for accuracy in the repair process to limit rework and invoice mismatches impacting other functions (e.g. Accounts Payable)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier performance, handle queries and escalate critical issues.
Sustainability & Social
- Manage return of items that are beyond economical repair for scrapping.
- Support the Anglo-American sustainable value creation strategies, initiatives, and associated business cases, that advance Anglo American technical, community, sustainability, and financial ambitions.
Communities & Inclusive Procurement
- Support the team to identify supplier development needs and opportunities and provide input into the development of solution.
People & Teams
- Drive own performance management and personal learning.
- Embrace a Supply Chain team culture of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Support cross functional team interactions with internal stakeholders to execute purchasing activities.
Governance & Compliance
- Ensure personal and team compliance to internal Anglo American and Supply Chain Governance requirements pertaining to all Physical Supply Chain Management activities.
- Ensure personal and team compliance to applicable legislative requirements pertaining to all Physical Supply Chain Management activities in set portfolio.
-Qualification : An undergraduate qualification - Bachelor degree level or equivalent, alternatively relevant tertiary qualification and proven track record of practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
Practical experience in relevant field or a role of similar context and complexity
Mining Experience Preferred
Technical Buyer Experience
Materials Technical Trade coupled with an Undergraduate qualification preferred.
Artisan with Procurement Experience
- Transactional Procurement
- SAP Purchasing knowledge.
- Technical expertise for repairs.
- Process compliance monitoring.
- Supply Chain systems.
- Microsoft Office
Safe and sustainable Supply Chain
- Commercial Expertise for repairs
- Data analysis and reporting
- Supplier Management
- Warranty Management
- Supply Chain systems and processes
- Stakeholder engagement and communication
-Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.