Quality Technician-72246 - #305727
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• If and when required, the employee will make him/herself available to work overtime as
requested by his superior within an acceptable planned interval.
• It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure that they are familiar and adhere to all
statutory & regulatory requirements.
• It is the responsibility of every person within the Group to understand, apply and
adhere to the Business Management System requirements as set out in the applicable
Procedures, Work Instructions, Norms and Standards.
• To perform and record in-process and product sample inspections of forged/ machined parts
to ensure that the components fulfil drawing specifications, quality and/or customer
requirements including additional export requirements as per work instructions.
• Collate, record and communicate the occurrence of non-conforming parts/processes to the
Quality Manager for immediate containment and corrective action.
• Inspection of and final release of forged product as well as finished product.
• Ensure Operator First-off sample(s) are available prior to series production. Stop process if
aforementioned requirement is not adhered to. Conduct independent first off inspections.
• Conduct and record first sample inspection (PPAP: Production Part Approval Process)
verification of machined samples according to the latest customer release drawings pecifications. All dimensions for PPAP approval process shall be validated. Submit report to quality Manager for review.
• For first series production parts ensure that the inspection report contains all correct
specifications. Conduct full product dimensional inspection on each CNC machine and record
actual inspection results accurately.
• Ensure that all inspection; measuring and test equipment, gauges that are utilised for product
inspections and process validation are in good working condition, calibrated and/or verified.
Report all uncalibrated, unverified or suspect equipment to the Quality Manager immediately.
• Perform verifications on applicable measuring equipment.
• Ensure the Asset schedule is kept up to date (verifications and calibrations of all
• Ensure that all rework parts are recorded on the relevant rework documents for data
collection and reporting purposes. PARTS MUST BE REWORKED PRIOR TO
• On a daily basis, ensure that all non-conforming products are identified with the defect code
and machine number and record all scrap by the end of the shift.
• Have oversight / control of all quarantine stores.
• Issue all relevant reports i.e scrap/rework to the Data Capturer for capturing and analysing.,
• Assist and support where required in the monthly stock take.
• Administration, filing and storage of all documents.
• Adhere to 5S and general housekeeping procedures.
• Conduct internal process and/or system audits in line with ISO9001:2015 standard and
compile audit reports.
• Monitor all processes within the company and conduct sporadic checks in all departments. Identify
areas for improvement and recommend changes to enhance quality and efficiency.
• Assist with any training requirements (for quality department only).
• Assist with health and safety requirements, where applicable.
• Assist with the compilation of weekly PI’s and monthly KPI’s.
• Assist with report compilations.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Matriculation (Grade 12) with Mathematics & Science/ N3 certificate or equivalent
• 4 to 5 Years working experience in a high-volume production/manufacturing environment.
• Understanding and Interpreting of engineering drawings and inspection; measuring and test
• Understanding of and experience in relevant Business Management System.
• Relevant Certification in auditing (ISO9001:2015)
• Decision making, problem solving & root cause analysis capability.
• Analytical and report writing skills.
• Risk-based thinking.
• Communication skills oral & written.