Boiler Operator - #305758
RCL FOODS Careers
RCL FOODS is seeking a Boiler Operator to join our Consumer Division. The role will be based in Randfontein and report to the Boiler Supervisor. RCL FOODS is looking for someone with relevant experience and qualifications to operate the boiler according to safety requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a constant steam supply to both the Processing and By-products plants.
- Operate the boiler in a safe manner in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Pull the fire and make the boiler safe in situations where safety or equipment is in jeopardy.
- Ensure that feed water chemical dosing is carried out to the required standard.
- Fill the coal bunker to ensure sufficient supply of coal for optimal boiler operation.
- Observe pressure, temperature, and draft metres on panel to verify specified operation of the boiler.
- Turn valves and adjust controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- Observe boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and make repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- Maintain a log of metre and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- Clean the boiler house and surrounding area.
- Clear ash from the floor and remove the ash trolley to prevent clogging and injury.
- Clean the ash out of the boiler chimney and tubes when the boiler is not operational to avoid blockages.
- Ensure ash disposal is done in compliance with environmental requirements.
- Report defects on the boiler requiring external intervention and ensure repairs are done.
- Assist the artisan with minor maintenance of the boiler.
- Grade 12
- Min 1-year experience working experience as a Boiler.
- Knowledge and experience on how to operate a Boiler.