Operations Coordinator (Assets) Wits RHI - #305760
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Centurion, Gauteng
Contract type: Full time
Main purpose of the job:
- To manage reliable project asset data and information by being a bridge between the project and Shared Services/Grants
- To receive and record by the internal WITS RHI guidelines
- To educate staff on policies/SOPs
- To do periodic project assets verification and report back to shared services
- Centurion – Tshwane
Key performance areas:
- Assist in developing, creating, and enhancing the management and presentation of asset data, information, and reports within the project
- Maintain an accurate asset register and inventory system for the Tshwane project
- Monitor the accurate application of the Project Assets SOP
- Be able to remotely or physically verify any project assets with Wits RHI Shared Services/Grants
- Conduct site visits within the district to verify assets
- Collect broken, returned and assets to be repaired from staff members and log calls with the operations desk
- Prepare and package all assets that need to be returned to Shared services/Grants
- Receive and allocate assets received from Grants/Shared services
- Scan and send back all asset documentation to Shared Services/grants which includes asset adjustments, transfers, and donations
- Keep accurate records of project assets
- Act as the first point of contact in assisting staff with asset-related queries and, if applicable, redirect them accordingly
- Communicate with all levels of management within the project with regard to all project assets
- Maintain healthy relationships with CoT/DoH staff within Tshwane district
- Monitor and track all requests from line managers to project operations and respond appropriately
- Frequently, verify project assets with Shared Services/Grants
- Work closely with WITS RHI IT and Assets support
- Manage relationships with other District Support Partners (DSPs) concerning asset management
- Work closely with the Fleet Coordinator to maintain the vehicles list/register
- Work closely with the Office Assistant in managing telecommunication assets
- Gather documents required for the management of all incidences relating to assets
- Maintain of call logged with Shared Services
- Assist with the specifications for the procurement of assets. Based on history/trends
- Support other Operations Coordinators with duties that may arise relating to HR, Fleet management, Branding, Maintenance of Offices & Building and Procurement, etc.
- Report all activities of assets monthly to the Project Operations Manager
- Keep a record of all induction, and in-service training reports that relate to assets management including vehicles
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities
Required minimum education and training:
- Relevant Administrative Diploma
- Computer literate in standard MS Office packages
- Valid driver’s license
Required minimum work experiece:
- 2 - 3 Years’ office administration experience in a medium to large-sized organization
- Working knowledge of operations and financial systems and processes
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Some exposure to project management/NGO environment would be useful
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization or NGO
- Exceptional organization and administrative skills with working knowledge of MS Office
- Own, reliable transport preferred
- Able to maintain confidentiality, tact, and professionalism at all times
- Able to exercise discretion, high levels of initiative and independent decision-making
- Must be assertive, confident, and adaptable
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Positive, energetic, team player
- Ability to adapt to complex situations, ability to manage stress, self-starter, ability to deliver goals pro-actively, creative thinker, goal orientated
- A thorough and accurate approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Demands of the job:
- Must be able to work in a pressurized environment and be able to travel within Tshwane District to conduct inspections/verification
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion must always be maintained
- Ability to deal with demands from project staff members and shared services Centre
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 20 February 2024.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.