Territory Manager - #305784
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Contract type: Full time
Main Purpose: Responsible for the development and day-to-day management of business to business fuel (clean product and fuel oil) business regionally, including sales growth and overall profitability. Manage LOB in accordance with overall company policies and improving commercial performance by increasing turnover and maximizing profitability, finding new ways to improve sales, and meeting customer demand Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: 1. Budget Commitment Manage a portfolio of Dealers responsible for;
- Setting & meeting targets in a highly competitive environment
- Business development and marketing plans in line with the annual target growth
- Administrative control of the assigned client’s portfolio, as well in goal achievement and in effectiveness to recover values, maintain the credit lines established by the company and making cashing negotiations
- Contract implementation and management
- Monitor the use of Wetstock tool or template provided by Puma Energy or developed by a dealer to ensure accurate capturing of electronic and manual recons daily all site in your TM area
- Submit all WSM report to shared area every month after a site visit
- Involved in sites reflecting losses and discrepancies from the WSM report to ensure resolution and preventing sites from dumping
- Ensure dealers report all PI’s/NM’s and incidents, learnings shared and records kept
- Monthly analysis of GM and P&L investigate & address anomalies
- Defending DODO & CLDO
- Work with the Network Development Manager to ensure the leads are finalized and business cases approved
- Ensure agreements are in place and dealers adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensure every site developed and business developed generates income for Puma
- Motivate for an appropriate QSR/no fuel activity and ensure business case is completed
- Submit site improvement plans to the projects team for costing, budgeting and implementation i.e. NTP’s, NTI’s existing network upgrades, KDR for planning and budget submissions for the following year
- Request contracts and maintain control of validity periods
- Control maintenance and assessment if the inventories left by the consignment to agents and value calculation for Banks Guarantees
- Ensure all agreements are signed
- Conduct business review for all contract renewals
- Capture all site visit reports on the shared drive and ensure dealer signs and not the site manager unless the manager is a nominated principal and there is proof
- Control fixed and minor opex spend and close any open orders
- Ensure there are no contradictory clauses between lease and dealer agreements
- Conduct business reviews with the dealers quarterly
- Conduct 1 marketing plan per year
- One site activation per year per site.
- Undergraduate University Degree in Industrial engineering, Business Administration or other related field.
- Post Graduate University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in similar position. Knowledge of Fuels market preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of financial information (accounting statements, profit and loss statements, cash flow)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Skill to work under pressure and ability to manage change.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Team player. Good planning and organization skills.
- Internal – Commercial Area, C&C, Terminal
- External – Dealers (80% DODO & 20% CODO), DMRE