Fitter & Turner - #305848
Gauteng, JHB - South
R 25000 - R 30000 Monthly Cost To Company
Fitter & Turner needed for a large manufacturing concern in Alrode, Alberton. The Fitter & Turner will install, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, service and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment.Qualifications/Attributes/Competencies and Experience
- Matric/ NQF L3
- Fitter and Turner Qualification (Trade Test/Red Seal Certified)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ maintenance experience in a production environment post apprenticeship as a Fitter and Turner
- Must have own transport (vehicle)
- Experience preferably in Manufacturing (food packaging)
- Good practical skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- The ability to focus for long periods of time.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Great team player and good communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be able to work on standby on a roster basis
- Responsible for planned and breakdown maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Responding timeously to breakdown requests to ensure production runs optimally and efficiently to meet targets.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components
- Fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems.
- Inspect all machinery, equipment, and buildings of the facility.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Breakdown and call-out maintenance management by area of responsibility - minimize call outs
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment and adjusts as necessary
- Assist with projects & Project Planning
- Drawings of spares - Maintenance electrical and mechanical
- BRC Compliance
➢ Cleaning schedules and cleaning records
➢ Instances of foreign-body contamination
➢ Control of glass and brittle plastics
➢ Document control measures & File Management
NOTE - We ONLY accept online applications. We do not consider direct applications via Whatsapp or email.
Salary Disclaimer: The advertised salary range serves as a benchmark to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position. The final remuneration package offered by the employer will be determined based on market standards, considering the candidate's qualifications, skills, and level of experience. The employer retains the prerogative to provide a remuneration package that aligns with industry norms and the specific attributes of the selected candidate.