Data Governance Specialist - #305860
De Beers Group of Companies
-AA Finance is currently undergoing a transformation, driving a global functional agenda that will deliver improved commercial support for the business and global processes that balance risk mitigation with efficiency and effectiveness. A global chart of accounts is being deployed together with supporting global data standards that will further drive the harmonisation and stabilisation of finance processes and reporting.
The purpose of Finance Business Improvement (FinBI) team is to govern and optimise the AA Finance global processes and data on a sustainable basis and to ensure that AA Finance has the requisite process, systems, data and people capabilities to deliver and exceed business expectations. The FinBI team includes the Finance Global Process Owner organisation together with essential supporting capabilities (e.g. Innovation, Automation, Continuous Improvement, Performance Measurement) required to identify, define and deliver opportunities for operational performance improvement.
-The Finance Data Governance Specialist will support the Finance Data Owner to deliver the data agenda for AA Finance, including the execution and maintenance of the data governance framework and the design and deployment of the global chart of accounts and supporting global data standards. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a hybrid business-as usual and project capacity, with broad exposure across the Anglo American Group.
- Drives the development, maintenance and governance of finance master data design;
- Executes and maintains the data governance framework, including governing master data requests, tracking risks against the data governance framework and executing remediation plans to mitigate potential data risks;
- Acts as a data governance subject matter expert and governance lead on key global initiatives (e.g. global chart of accounts rollout, master data management centralisation, global data governance establishment)
- Identifies, maintains and updates roles and responsibilities of data owners, data stewards and data custodians;
- Produces, executes and enhances data governance reporting to identify and highlight data control risks, data quality issues and breaches for tabling at governance forums;
- Supports the preparation of business cases for data management initiatives and preparation of related documents, e.g. Finance Leadership Team and CorpCo submissions;
- Establishes and maintains finance data management principles, guidelines and standard operating procedures in alignment with Group Finance and regulatory requirements;
- Partners with Global Shared Services (GSS) to ensure the successful implementation and ongoing operation of data governance processes;
- Co-ordinates and manages the Finance Data Consultative Group and other programme-related forums including scheduling, preparation and documenting minutes, actions, key decisions and outcomes; and
- Provides support to the Finance Data Owner to execute and drive data management and governance improvement initiatives.
- -Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- English language (Writing and speaking fluency).
- Spanish and/or Portuguese (Writing and speaking fluency) desirable.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) preferred.
- Project management qualification desirable (PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent).
- SAP FI certification desirable.
- Broad accounting knowledge and experience, ideally with exposure to financial, management, tax and treasury accounting in a productive industry (e.g. mining, oil and gas, chemicals, manufacturing, pharmaceutical).
- Solid working knowledge of SAP FICO architecture, including Finance and cross-functional data objects, this could be from an end-user or key user role.
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA preferred.
- Working knowledge of other financial systems (e.g. Oracle Hyperion, Blackline, Anaplan).
- Knowledge of the mining/extractive sector.
- Knowledge of finance transformation and agile principles.
- Knowledge of data management and data governance principles.
- Knowledge of new data management technologies and their impact on operational activities.
-Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
Advert closing date: 23 February 2024