Capex and Assets Coordinator - #305865
RCL FOODS Careers
Are you ready for a new challenge in your career?
RCL FOODS is on the hunt for a qualified Capex and Assets Coordinator to join the Culinary team. The role will be based in Randfontein.
You will be responsible for the acquiring, purchasing and negotiating of materials, equipment and supplies, with stringent focus on quality. The Buyer will support the Engineering Manager and team to ensure that proper quality parts are procured and expedited.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Producing Capex justifications/motivations and BOW.
- Develop and maintain a system for assigning costs to different projects. 60 to 80 individual projects, each with own budget and timeline.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather relevant cost information and ensure accuracy of data.
- Participate in the budgeting process, capitalisation and asset verification
- Converting purchase requests into purchase orders.
- Ensure close relationship with technical personnel.
- Obtain at least 3 quotations prior to adjudication of an order.
- Ensure that all orders are complete within the negotiated lead time.
- Follow up on all orders that are outside of the negotiated lead time and take corrective action.
- Constantly strive to improve vendor relations and provide long term information that would enable the vendor to improve their service and create a better understanding of our mutual business requirements.
- Evaluates, selects and negotiates with appropriate suppliers based on supplier capacities, cost and quality.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with nominated clients to establish a supplier base.
- Management of supplier costs within the company’s policies, procedures and approvals framework.
- Conduct all purchasing with the appropriate skill and integrity and conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Maintains accurate and complete records related to all purchasing and supporting activities.
Capex Project Management Activities
- Manage budgeted project funds according to existing policies and procedures.
- Manage cash flow projections and report variance to senior management.
- Document execution of the project plan and communicate progress/results on project deliverables to senior management.
- Provide feedback on projects and problem areas.
- Scheduling of activities to timeline and review with senior management.
- Document evaluation objectives at project completion.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Identify and report over expenditures.
- Maintain Filing system to ensure all is documented and secured.
- Update the progress – daily/weekly/monthly. Report back
- Managing and maintaining budgets
- Monthly board reports.
- Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project Management to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts.
- Update and maintain leave schedules of department.
- General administrative duties
- Bcom Qualification in Finance / Supply Chain
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (Capex Preferred)
- In depth understanding of business accounting procedures (the impact your cash forecast have on the system, GRN, payments)
- Excellent math & computational skills
- Good English & written report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management abilities