Product Owner in sport tech industry - #305877
We’re the world’s leading sports technology company, at the intersection between sports, media, and betting. More than 1,700 sports federations, media outlets, betting operators, and consumer platforms across 120 countries rely on our know-how and technology to boost their business.
Are you passionate about driving new product initiatives and creating exceptional customer experiences? We're seeking a talented and motivated Product Owner to lead a new product initiative in the sport tech industry from the ground up using the latest technology. If you have a strong command of UX, data, and analytics, and are adept at understanding market trends and customer needs, we want to hear from you!
As a Product Owner at Sportradar, you play a pivotal role in driving the delivery of our product objectives. Reporting to the VP Product, Regulatory Services, you will collaboratively plan quarterly objectives and roadmap initiatives. Working closely with our dynamic development team, you'll set ambitious goals, measure their success, and ensure the seamless execution of our product strategy.
At Sportradar, our perspective on product ownership emphasizes the product's role in guiding the purpose and scope of development, leveraging strategic direction, data, and customer insights whilst building as much consensus as possible.
Ownership of Product Processes and Strategic Vision:
- Drive, socialize, and implement the overall product vision and strategy ensuring alignment with company and department objectives.
- Own and drive the product backlog, development, and support processes, conducting regular reviews for continuous improvement.
Market Insight and Customer Focus:
- Understand market trends and customer needs to gather product requirements through data, user interactions, and research.
- Translate the product roadmap into features and stories that align with customer needs.
Collaboration with Engineering Teams:
- Work seamlessly with engineering team to bring the product roadmap to life ensuring alignment with customer expectations.
- Reflect and learn on the delivery process to identify and implement improvements where opportunities arise.
- Guiding the development team through customer problems and building comprehensive requirements.
Technical Expertise and Communication:
- Guide the development team through customer problems, translating them into actionable requirements.
- Create backlogs, specifications, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate solutions to both customers and developers.
- Demonstrate a highly logical and technical approach, driving consensus and decisions in situations where solutions are not obvious.
- Utilize your exceptional understanding and command of UX, data, and analytics to lead impactful product improvements.
- Emphasize effective communication at all stages of the product development process.
- Over 5 years of proven expertise in delivering software products with a strong focus on UX, data, and analytics.
- Ownership mentality with the ability to lead product processes, including backlog management and development.
- 3 years of experience in taking ownership of user-facing product delivery across various interfaces (apps, web, etc.) within fast-paced environments.
- 3 years of experience in dynamic agile environments, collaborating closely with development teams.
- Prioritizing customer-centricity, passionate about delivering compelling customer experiences through design thinking and rapid prototyping.
- Understanding customer problems and translating them into requirements that deliver tangible value.
- Demonstrated ability to understand market dynamics, customer needs, and gather requirements effectively.
- A strategic thinker with the capacity to drive and implement product vision and strategy.
- Proven ability to get things done, ensuring successful project completion.
- Demonstrating a highly logical and technical mindset, driving consensus and decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively translate the product roadmap into features and stories.
- Integration and API Exposure: While not a deal-breaker, experience in integration and APIs will be beneficial, adding value to your role.
- Familiarity with Scrum or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience in the sports betting and gaming industry is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Working at Sportradar gives you a platform to gain international recognition for your expertise.
- This is a chance to work with industry experts to launch and build a career in one of the fastest-growing businesses in the digital sports environment and help us scale our operations.
- Impactful Work: Contribute to the development of groundbreaking products that influence industries globally.
- We provide the tools and support you need to thrive in your role, and we celebrate your achievements along the way.
- We are a diverse and collaborative global team with a unique spirit, determined to achieve our goals with integrity and focus.
- We support learning and self-development - our eAcademy offers a variety of courses in English to raise your skills.
- Our company benefits support your health and well-being and is matched by a salary and compensation package based on your experience.
- We talk sports every day and take the sporting spirit into our daily work.
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences