IT Support Desk Analyst Feb 2024 - #305933
The Key Recruitment Group
IT Support Desk Analyst
Our client, an International Managed Service Provider, is growing their existing team based in the Cape Town CBD. They are looking for experienced IT Service Desk Analysts. This is an exciting position where new employees can expand their careers in IT, including substantial training and certifications over the first year of employment. IMPORTANT: Candidate must reside in Cape Town as this is an onsite position. It is advantageous if the Candidate has worked for an MSP for at least 1 year.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the IT Service Desk Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the initial contact for reporting technical issues, and answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues.
- Accurately diagnose client technical issues; gather the necessary information; and perform standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources.
- Effectively implement the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools.
- Clearly and thoroughly document requests for assistance in our ticket management system, and track incidents through to resolution/escalation (per client guidelines).
- Escalate unresolved issues to Team Leads.
- Identify potential outages and other problems (via information gathering, ticket trends, etc.) and communicate the information to Team Leads in a timely manner.
- At least one year experience as an IT Support Desk Analyst. It would be advantageous to have worked for a MSP.
- A matric certificate.
- Two years of experience with Windows, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong typing skills.
- Good people skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work in-office in Cape Town’s CBD.
- SDA shifts are based on US times and the candidate would need to work those hours. (1100-2300 SAST)
- Based on experience