Fire Intern - #305938
Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RF) (Pty) Ltd
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Potchefstroom, North-West
Contract type: Full time
Fire Intern Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RF) (Pty) Ltd in Potchefstroom Rheinmetall / Fire Intern Ref.-Nr.: ZA00416 Schedule type: Full Time Contract Type: Internship
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Fire intern is responsible for supporting and assisting the critical functions of the Emergency services.
- Execution of the service and maintenance program on portable firefighting equipment to make sure that all equipment is in good working condition and legally compliant.
- Assist the CFO (Chief Fire Officer) with fire risk assessments for the relevant RDM sites in order to identify high risk areas and focus risk mitigation efforts.
- Assist in coordination the execution of the fire equipment maintenance program for fixed and portable firefighting equipment to make sure that all equipment is serviced and serviceable as and when required.
- Assist in conducting scheduled visual fire equipment inspections on RDM sites to pro-actively monitor equipment serviceability.
- Assist in performing standby duties during maintenance activities when required.
- Assist in emergency response to fire calls on site or those threatening the site.
- Assist in standby duties for high-risk activities (testing or munitions)
- Assist in ensuring all emergency vehicles are checked and kept serviceable.
- Assist in ensuring portable fire equipment, hydrants, hose reels, sprinkler systems serviced to SANS 1475-1
- Assist in ensuring that all fixed installation systems are serviced to the applicable standards.
- Participate in Fire Department drills to maintain state of readiness.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Minimum Grade 12 or NQF4 equivalent qualification.
- Firefighter1, Firefighter 2, Hazmat Awareness, hazmat Operational or Diploma in Fire Technology through SAESI/TUT
- First Aid Level 3
- Ability to function independently in highly pressurized and stressful environments.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Driver’s Licence, minimum code C1.
- Must be physically fit, have the ability to work at heights, in confined spaces & under limited visual conditions (subject to fitness assessment).
- Willing to work standby duties as well as planned / unplanned overtime as dictated by working circumstances.
Contact Person: Ditshoanelo Phenya