Outbound Supervisor - #305952
Warehouse Outbound Supervisor
Department: Logistics Grade: Supervisor
Direct reports: Forklift driver, Mezzanine team leader and General Worker Outbound
Role and Responsibilities:
To support Warehouse manager, responsible for Finished goods and Bulk count according to SOP
requirement. Working as part of a team to control deliveries outbound. Responsible for Issuing of
Job Cards, Special Requisitions and Returns to Warehouse daily to ensure the accuracy of
SOH. Responsible for traceability records for Finished goods leaving the premises.
Key Performance Area
- Reporting variances to expected outcomes to the Logistics Warehouse and Inventory Managers.
- Responsible for traceability records for Finished goods leaving the premises.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained by confirming that all loads are accompanied by the labels and STOs provided by client SOP
- Timeous communication to external planners on rejections and stock on hold.
- Ensuring that finished goods reports are balanced with the Production Manager daily.
- Ensuring that all pallets for dispatch are accompanied by barcode labels and STOs and loaded onto truck correctly.
- To monitor that stock loaded are conforming to the required standards and no damaged goods are allowed be loaded.
- Ensuring all Finished goods that are dispatched are on blue Chep pallets.
- Ensuring that trucks are checked, duly signed off and sealed before being the final signing off by Inventory Manager.
- Ensuring that Job cards are issued correctly for both Raw materials and Packaging materials.
- Ensuring that the Special Requisitions and Returns to Warehouse quantities are checked and balanced and sent to Head office timeously.
- Ensuring that Packaging/Raw materials that needs to be shunted are correctly recorded and balanced with linking warehouse, sorting any discrepancies thereafter if any.
- Ensuring that daily issues and returns from production balance.
- Ensure that variances are timeously reported on to the Production manager.
- Ensuring that Packaging/Raw materials that needs to be shunted is are correctly recorded and balanced with linking warehouse, addressing any discrepancies.
- Ensuring that STO is created by Unilever and truck is booked to shunt materials.
- Responsible and control of rejects and raw materials area
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring good standards of housekeeping is maintained in the warehouse packaging and raw materials areas.
- Ensure that Safety and Health inspections are carried out and that accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that daily forklift inspections are carried out and defects reported and timeously rectified by the relevant service providers.
- Ensure that drivers adhere to all prescribe safety standards.
- Taking personal responsibility for own safety by reporting safety concerns.
- Ensuring Adherence to SOP’s.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in line with ISO standards.
- Ensuring that goods received are timeously offloaded by arranging and monitoring of the forklift driver.
- Ensuring that prescribed Finished goods and Bulk counts are done.
- Ensuring that the necessary reporting of Job cards and Special Requisitions and Returns to Warehouse are done accurately.
- Direct reports are held accountable for accuracy and timeous submitting of daily stock counts.
- Ensuring that FIFO is followed for stock issued to Manufacturing and Production.