Data Freelancer - #305958
Job Advert Summary
The Impact Centre draws on diverse perspectives, skills and partnerships to generate, measure and communicate impactful research on critical challenges facing South Africa and the world. In fulfilling the HSRC’s public good mandate, the Impact Centre will conduct rigorous, creative and relevant impact research for the public good; conduct large-scale quantitative and representative surveys that are the basis for complex data analytics, modelling and simulations and leverage a wide range of expertise, convene multi-stakeholder forums, promote and produce evidence-informed understanding on impact.
- 1.Bachelor’s degree or diploma involving data collection and analysis, information technology or similar
- 2+ years’ experience collecting, preparing and/or analysing data related to public policy
Duties and Responsibilities
PAN is collaborating with several partners in South Af rica to source and promote the use of administrative and research data amongst government officials, journalists, civil society and community organisations. PAN requires the services of part-time data freelancers to perform the following:
- Identify sources of data related to public health, education, digital technology, procurement and other areas of policy interest.
- Collect, prepare, publish and/or analyse data depending on project and partner needs.
- Organise and facilitate 1 or 2-day data workshops for students, community organisations or government officials.