Hotel Assistant Restaurant Manager 3241H - #305998
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER for a 5 Star Hotel in Hermanus
To effectively manage the day-to-day operations of all the F&B outlets and employees as well as ensure guest satisfaction. Supporting and aiding the Restaurant Manager in achieving the profitability of the F&B outlets.
Minimum Experience and Qualification Required:
- Grade 12
- Post matric hotel school qualification would be advantageous
- 3 years’ experience in a 5-star hotel restaurant or similar environment
- Computer literacy
- Good understanding of the micros point of sale system
- Previous leadership role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good wine knowledge
- High level of English proficiency
- Ability to plan in advance
- Ability to train and develop a team
- Must be motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Must be a team player, with a positive attitude
- Must be willing to work shifts
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Own transport preferable
Key Performance Objectives:
- Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence,
- Maintaining good relationships with the team,
- Ensure a “good atmosphere / morale” in the department,
- Adjust F&B Roster according to occupancy and operations
- Monitoring timekeeping and absenteeism,
- Training of reporting lines in terms of rules and regulations,
- Keeping discipline through application of the correct processes and liaison with Senior Management and HR,
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ensure that all sick leave, annual leave, family responsibility leave, and any other absenteeism is duly reported to HR on the prescribed forms,
- Personally, monitor all guest complaints,
- Managing daily cash up and correct charging,
- Ensure tight control over F&B security to avoid damage or theft. Cash float is checked daily.
- Ensure that each guest receives consistent services and products
- Get to know your regular guests and ensure you treat them like family.
- To engage with departing guests and get feedback on their evening
- To manage staff and the outlet operation on a day-to-day basis
- Operating Equipment is correctly managed to ensure sufficient stock and minimal breakages.
- Assist with monthly stocktaking, closing of stock take
- To ensure that whenever necessary corrective action is taken when staff do not meet the standards.
- To ensure that beverage stock movement is correctly and accurately tracked.
- To ensure end of service cash-ups and float management are completed in accordance with SOP.
- Ensure full handover is written and communicated to relevant shifts
- Coordinating special requests and extraordinary tasks in accordance with SOP; and
- Ensure a guest satisfaction check of every guest within the outlet; dealing with any concerns and complaints in accordance with company service recovery guidelines; and by personally checking quality of both service and product on a continuous basis.
Please forward a full up to date CV