Technical Advisor: Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) - #306001
Anova Health Institute NPC
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The Technical Advisor Social and behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) will develop Social and Behaviour Change Communication projects and activities to support Anova’s HIV/TB and related programmes, promote the use of SBCC theory and evidence in Anova’s programmes and undertake capacity building.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Develop SBCC projects and activities to support Anova’s programs
- Lead situation analyses that identify social and behavioural drivers of behavioural challenges related to Anova’s HIV/TB and related programmes.
- Design, plan and implement SBCC activities that are backed by social and behavioural evidence to support Anova’s programmes.
- Generate and utilize research, data, and evidence to inform the design, measurement, and monitoring of SBCC activities and outcomes.
- Ensure that SBCC activities are informed by formative research and pretesting and are culturally and contextually relevant.
- Collaborate with Anova teams (e.g., public health, marketing, programme teams) to align SBCC activities with Anova programmes.
Promotion of use of SBCC theory and evidence in Anova’s programmes
- Stay current with evidence on social and behavioural issues and provide leadership on informed by this information.
- Collaborate with other teams within Anova to promote the use of Social and Behaviour Change theory and evidence in communication designed for healthcare workers and communities.
- Review communications intended to influence the behaviour of healthcare workers and communities.
- Promote and advocate for best practices and uptake of new SBCC methods and knowledge.
Partnerships and Capacity Building
- Establish and provide leadership for partnerships and resource mobilization opportunities to support SBCC.
- Lead SBCC capacity building among Anova staff and relevant partners.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing on SBCC interventions in the field.
- Coordinate dissemination of learnings from SBCC activities, including publication, conferences, policy briefs.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Masters degree in public health, social and behavioural science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, or another relevant technical field.
- Specialised training in Social Behaviour Change Communication is an advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience in SBCC programming or health communication.
- Experience working with the South African public health services.
- Strong knowledge in developing behavioural change communication tools and materials.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects and operational research experience.
Skills, competencies, and attributes:
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work interdependent and as part of a team.
- Passionate about excellent service delivery.
- Good communication skills.
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management.
- Problem analysis and solving skills.
- Ability to build effective partnerships.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly motivated and results orientated.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za